Funding GuidelinesThe James A. Welch Foundation considers proposals to provide funding to qualifying charitable organizations in Genesee County, Michigan for programs or projects which:
- Identify students who are academically and/or creatively talented, and through guidance and counseling services, encourage them to pursue their special talents, AND
- Provide additional educational opportunities for academically and/or creatively talented students to cultivate their special talents.
- What academic or creative talent does your organization seek to develop?
- Explain the process for identifying academically or creatively talented students.
- Explain the process whereby the academic or creative talent is developed.
The following types of requests are of low priority and rarely funded by the James A. Welch Foundation:
- Capital Projects
- Major Equipment
- Land Purchases
- Grants to Individuals
- Sectarian Projects
- Indirect Cost Recovery
Fixed overhead costs that are not directly related to the project shouldn’t be part of the program budget that the Welch Foundation will fund.
Funding Proposals should be submitted by the 20th of February, May, August or November in order to receive consideration at the next meeting. Proposals should be mailed to:
James A. Welch Foundation
c/o Lewis & Knopf CPAs, P.C.
5206 Gateway Centre, Suite 100
Flint, MI 48507